- What is the main difference between TeaL coating and other coating material? TeaL filmcoating is made out of organic materials and also processed in an organic way. Big plus is that it is free of intentionally added microplastics (according to ECHA).
- Which types of coating material are available? We provide the coating material with (Sapphire Seedcoating premix) and without the bio-stimulant (Sapphire Seedcoating). This can be provided in several colors and when bigger amounts are provided, we can mix custom made colors.
- On which crops can this coating be used? The Sapphire coating (also the premix) can be used on all crops.
- How do I use the filmcoat? The Sapphire coating is used pure (don’t dilute). It has to be applied fast.
- How much coating liquid do I need? Minimum amount to purchase is 1kg. Every seed has it’s saturation point (how much coat can the seed carry). Depending on the DKG/TSW you can calculate how much to dose. In the TeaL machines this is done automatically.
- Do I need to dry after treating? The seeds don’t have to be dried after processing in the TeaL equipment after treatment it can be packed. This is because of the very low amount of free water in the coating. On other equipment we cannot guarantee this.
- Can all chemicals be mixed with the coating? It’s mixable with the majority of available chemicals but we won’t give any guarantee on the effects.
- Can the filmcoating be used in other machines? Yes it can be processed on other rotary coating machines without internal drying. But the best results you will gain is if you use the TeaL equipment.
- Does the filmcoating affect the germination of the seed? The germination of seeds coated with TeaL coating behaves like untreated seeds. Customers have even experienced a positive effect on germination due to the perfect coverage of the coating.
- Is there an expiration date on the coating? As long as it is kept cool and dry the coating can be stored for 6 months.
- Is there an expiration date on the coated seeds? We recommend to coat the seeds right before transport. The seed will act the same as untreated seeds regarding the germination.
- Can the coating liquid be transported worldwide? Always use the official name on the fyto regarding the certificates.
- Can I also just
buy the coating materials: Yes this can be sold without buying equipment. The
results won’t be as good as they get with the TeaL equipment. TeaL doesn’t
provide recipes or training.